Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Bob's Power Walk

Here's another exercise DVD review. I have to be honest about this - I did not actually do the DVD but I watched it as I always do with them. I can pretty much tell if it's something I will be able to do or if it fits into my routine. So this was the one from Biggest Loser and Tara, who I loved and wanted to win, helps to teach. Tara, as you might recall, won so many of the challenges even over the men. I knew in advance that they were doing 16 minute miles which is slow compared to the Leslie Sansone Walk Slim program but I thought I'd give it a shot through Netflix. It was tough to watch for several reasons.
  1. When Bob was doing the routine, he did one or two reps and then walked around. I know Jillian will do this with some of her programs and I want the instructor to do it with me. I realize that it takes much more effort to talk while you're doing it but others do it and that's what I want to see. They're professionals and they should be able to do it and maybe get a little sweaty.
  2. There were a couple miles where just the contestants did the routine and that was difficult to watch. They were clumsy, not as prepared as I thought they should have been and just very awkward. Believe me I sympathize with them but when you're asking people to pay for this, it should be a higher quality.
  3. Lastly, they did the unspeakable in my book - mix cardio and weights. I keep my weights and any strength building exercises to a separate day so this doesn't work for me. I do have several programs that include the weights during the routine but I either don't use the weights or use that as a strength exercise only.

So, that's my review and I already sent the DVD back, along with Eat,Pray,Love which I wasn't that impressed with either and how much more of a strong, female lead can I get!

No comments:

Post a Comment