Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Pan Pizza Dough Recipe

Last night I made a pan pizza in my cast iron skillet with a recipe I found online. The recipe was different from my other one in that it included a little baking powder, garlic powder and onion powder. I thought it was worth a try even though my husband doesn't like pan pizza. I think the reason he doesn't like it is because they spray the crust rim with butter-flavored Pam. The secret to this crust was the fair amount of oil that's put in the pan with the dough as it rises. While making the dough I realized it was way too soft, almost like a stiff batter. I had to add more flour just to make it workable. I only used half the recipe in the oiled skillet knowing it would raise, and raise it did. It was almost up to the top when I figured I better get this baby going. The dough was still very soft and as I put sauce on it I could see it sink a little. The crust cooked up very nicely, just like pizza hut but it was still too much crust for me and I didn't taste any of the spices I had put in. It came out of the skillet really well and had that nice crunch on the bottom. I think if I make it again I will use my other recipe in the cast iron skillet and see how that turns out. At least I got this out of my system and learned a couple of things about pizza making.

No comments:

Post a Comment