Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Pizza Dough

Well, I made a pretty good pizza last night, in fact, I think my search for the best dough I can make is over, for now anyway. Not that it is the greatest but I think for all intents and purposes, it's the best I can do. It's not that I'm settling but, without the equipment and products that a real pizzeria has, it's a good place to stop. It's funny but the recipe is one that I've had for a long time and used it when I was making it in the breadmaker, which has since stopped working. I got it from a Cuisine at Home magazine but the two magazines I had included different recipes. I found the old one tucked away in my recipe box and got it out yesterday. The secret is the flour which is regular all-purpose flour with cake flour added. I didn't have the cake flour so I substituted a little cornstarch. I also added a teaspoon of lemon juice which is supposed to make a better texture and I notice a difference. I'm always looking for new tools to use in pizza making as is my husband so when we were at Gabe's and found a set that included a stone, peel, pizza cutter and server for 10 bucks, we grabbed it. This is the first time I've used the peel and it's kind of cool to slide things on and off. I guess I really shouldn't have said my search is over because I found a recipe yesterday for a Pizza Hut pan recipe that I'd like to try in the cast iron skillet. It sounds awesome and definitely worth a try. That would probably be for me as my husband has an aversion to that sort of crust. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment