Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Fish Dinner

Last night we headed out to Edinboro Hotel for their fish dinner that my husband found on their website. It was not listed on their specials, in fact, according to the menu there were no Friday specials. However they offer half-price chicken wings and a white fish dinner for $7.99. Fish sounded good to me and the only fish I like is a beer battered kind similar to Long John Silvers. I do have a recipe I've wanted to try for a breaded baked fish but as yet haven't tried it. What I liked most, besides the great crust on the fish, was the choices I got with my meal. Since being on a diet and not wanting fries, it's been a challenge. We got a salad (and they had a light Raspberry Vinaigrette, yea) and instead of fries I could have a vegetable medley. It turned out to be green and yellow beans, broccoli, cauliflower and a stray carrot swimming in a sea of butter. I just let them drip before I ate them and figured I was still doing ok. We got 2 huge pieces of fish with a very crispy batter and they were really good. I didn't end up eating it all (fish) as I was leery about how my stomach would react to the grease. As usual service is good down there and the place was busy. We've never gone on a Friday before and that's the day when everyone stops by for a drink after work. We even had to sit in the back room which was nice for a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment