Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Monday, May 23, 2011

Beautiful Weekend

It really was a beautiful weekend here in NW PA and even though I know the rain is coming, it certainly feels like summer. Here's some things I'm loving today and this past weekend.


  1. I love that smell of fresh cut grass. I know cutting it is not the most fun thing to do on a nice day but it has such a great smell. Of course, everyone was waiting for this first dry day to do it so the sound of mowers was about all you could hear.

  2. I went out shopping for a couple of hours on Sat. and I was amazed at how empty the stores were. Of course, I went to fabric stores which probably don't get a huge amount of traffic but it was nice not fighting the lines on a Sat.

  3. I got such a kick out of turning on the air conditioner for the first time since we got the new furnace in Dec. I know most people are opening the doors and windows for that nice fresh air, but when you've got a split-entry with the sun blasting through the west-side at suppertime, all you can do is flip on the AC. And it worked!

  4. I'm loving the bird's nest with 3 babies in it along side our garage. We have such fun watching them and seeing how much they've grown so quickly. My husband first saw them as eggs and watched them hatch. Now you see 3 of them squeezed in that little nest with their beaks wide open stretching out for food. Both parents are out looking to keep those kids happy.

  5. The last thing I'm loving is the pool water sparkling as I look out the kitchen window. We've never had the pool open this early and it's too cold to go in but it looks so inviting. That's how I want to spend the rest of my summer - relaxing in that water.

No comments:

Post a Comment