Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Rag Quilt

Well, I finally finished one of my projects that I started this winter. It was basically done but I had to run it through a washer and dryer to complete the process. It just took me awhile to get in the mood and spend some time at a Laundromat. I went to a different one that I was very impressed with. The only downside was the fact that a homeless couple frequents that one to read magazines so there's no way I could ever leave anything there for fear of having it taken. Anyway, I was a little disappointed in how my quilt turned out. I was expecting more fraying and got little more than some curling in spots. It still looks country and that's what I was going for. I did decide that this would be the only rag quilt I do but now I have a ton of denim squares that are the so called orphans. So yesterday I made a pillow sham to go with the quilt. I like the idea of having a complete bed set - quilt, sham and afghan for each bed. At least I won't have to go anywhere to launder the sham.

No comments:

Post a Comment