Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Monday, May 16, 2011

Quilting Material


  • I've found a wonderful place to buy my quilting material - Wal-Mart in Clearfield! If you haven't noticed, Wal-Mart has been eliminating their fabric line in the stores. We used to have bolts of fabric in Edinboro before the renovation but not any more. The new store on Peach St. only has precut material in their craft department. But this store in Clearfield has bolts of fabric, a nice selection and reasonable prices, in fact dirt cheap in my book. It is especially important down there to find someplace to buy material or any craft supplies since they only have JoAnn's, no Michaels or A.C.Moore and their JoAnn's is under renovation at this time. I also stopped at a quilting store in Knox but their material was about $9.00 a yard and it is difficult to maneuver in those kind of places. So when I found fabric in colors and prints that I love for $2.47 a yard, I was thrilled. I've often said that area down there is different in what I can find and prices and now I think I know why. We found out from another Wal-Mart employee that it is considered a depressed area and are permitted to sell merchandise at lower prices. I works for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment