Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Friday, May 6, 2011

I Just Knew

I'm not one to freak out too bad over getting poked with a needle. I don't watch them do it because I know what's going on down there but I still don't like it. Now that I'm giving my blood just about every week, I'm resigned to it. Yesterday, though, was not the ideal experience for me. A different girl than I've had the last few times did my blood and she was very nice but did things her way. It didn't even hurt when she put the needle in but I could tell she pushed it a little further than usual. Then she gently touched my elbow to straighten my arm and then I knew things were not going as planned. Of course at this point any words from this girl's mouth short of "what about this weather" would trigger a negative response from me so when she said "Ooh" and "Huh" I just knew something had gone awry. Then I could feel her move the needle around in there trying to get some blood out. It was just a second or two and she said "there it comes" and she was done. But I was not happy. She was in a pretty big hurry to get out of there and didn't even hold pressure on the gauze - just taped and said goodbye. Thank goodness my level was good and the doctor doesn't need me back in for 2 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment