Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Monday, May 30, 2011

More harm than good

That's how I feel about the medicine I was taking for my cough. I was on that for 10 days and didn't see much of any improvement during that time. It did seem to relax me enough to get some sleep without coughing all night but during the day it was coughing mania. Then about a week into the medicine I developed a rash on my feet that spread up my legs and even on the inside of my wrists. I was perplexed as to what was causing this but couldn't think of anything different that I was doing, eating or using that would have caused it. It didn't itch but after a couple days it seem to get warm to the touch and swell just a tad. Believe it or not once I finished that medication it started to fade, along with my cough. At this point I'm feeling much better and am almost recovered from my cough, no thanks to the medicine. I realize I put my doctor in a tough position. I went in there in a panic with shortness of breath and he did what anyone would do - appease me with an antibiotic! I usually wait about a week before going to the doctor with symptoms like these but I didn't feel that confident coming off open-heart surgery. Now it's time to make up for lost time and start exercising again.

No comments:

Post a Comment