Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Off On a Bus Trip

Well, tomorrow I'm off on a shop hop.  It's a bus trip that stops at 8 different quilt shops in an area.  It will be a long day but at least I'm not driving.  The lady that has organized it has us at 45 min. at each shop.  I've been putting a lot of thought into what I can buy at each place so as to guarantee an entry for the prizes.  We also get a discount at each shop.  I'm sure with 20 coming at once, there won't be a lot of time to cut fabric so I have a couple quickie purchases in mind.
  1. True Grips  -  These are small rubber circles to put under rulers to keep them from slipping.
  2. Binding tool  -  Just used one of these the other day in a binding class.  I'm always trying to perfect my binding skills.
  3. Templates  -  I'm still looking for that Rapid-Fire Lemoyne Star one.  Of course, a diamond or triangle template would also add to my collection. 
  4. Fat Quarters  -  Any of these in suitable prints would be quick and easy since they are pre-cut.
So that give me some ideas to go on.  I was also thinking this morning that if my mom were here she'd be the first one on the bus.  I don't think I ever went on a bus trip with her though.  The times I went were either with my sisters or the girl scouts.  Heaven knows I could fill a bus up with trips to Cleveland, Virginia and Grove City, to name a few.  I'll probably have to catch a few z's unless conversation is more stimulating that a bunch of young girls singing camp songs.  I'll keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment