Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Something Different

Starting something different craftwise.  Now that I have my new shelves up at the cabin, it's time to execute some of the projects I've had planned to decorate them with.  One of those projects was a stained glass name sign.  Not really stained glass, although I could probably take a classs and do it, but this is an easier version using Gallery Glass.  I bought this kit years ago to use on the sidelight to our front door but never did it.  Nothing seemed right so a couple years ago it got put out for a garage sale.  I found this pattern  for the name sign just in time to bring it back in before it sold.  All it is is a picture frame with a glass front which is done with the paint to make the letter M.  I have the simulated leading on it now and I'm just waiting to get the paint for the inside of the letter. I think it will look really nice up on those shelves.  Next project will be that old window I scarfed from someone's trash.  I wanted to put mirror paint on the glass but never found it so now I'm thinking this stained glass effect.  Of course, the wood around it will be in the crackle finish.  I'll keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment