Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Thursday, May 16, 2013

What's Hangin'

Spring is upon us, thank goodness.  But now our thoughts are on plants.  We've already been to Johnston's buying spreading ground evergreens for the side of the garage.  My hubby had certain specific varieties picked out that he found either online or at the home show earlier.  We also went to the Holden Arboretum near Cleveland for their plant sale.  Like I said most of the purchases were my hubby's choice but while I'm at these places, I can't help but eye up some of the more interesting things.  While at Johnston's, I saw a hanging strawberry plant.  It was so neat I had to get it.  It's an everbearing  that even has runners which makes it perfect for a hanging basket.  Then when we were at my daughter's this past weekend, in a quick trip inside Marc's, my hubby picked me up another variety for only $5.  He knows what I like and the price was definitely right.  So along with a beautiful dahlia plant my other daughter gave me, I'm all set out front.  Of course, that doesn't stop me from looking.  Yesterday we made our annual trip to Plantscape for flowers for the graves.  As we were finishing I saw a bunch of strawberry plants for sale.  I looked and looked for hanging baskets but there were none to be found.  They missed the boat in my opinion.  I feel like these were the pick of the season (no pun intended).  Oh well, I have my 2 which will be producing berries in the near future and now I also know how to keep them a little longer.  Sorry, but that will be another blog post, maybe after more research. 

No comments:

Post a Comment