Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Quilting Twist

I know I mentioned before about wanting to make a Garden Twist quilt with those floral prints I have. I even bought my two shades of green so I have everything I need for the top of it, but I might have bit off more than I could chew. I haven't even started it but I've been going online looking for the pattern or at least a good picture of it to use. I felt a little like trying to get it on the quilting black market because everyone is selling it, even ebay. I found a good picture plus the yardage requirements but I want something, at least for my first real quilt, that I can make very defined square blocks and this doesn't have it. So, I've decided to work on other blocks and improve my piecing technique first. Of course the easiest is the log cabin block which I want to use in my cabin quilt anyway, so that's what I've been doing. I've made 4 already, most of which I'm using those fabrics that were in the books from Padden's so I feel good about using those up. They are very rich looking fabrics and they do up very nicely in the log cabin blocks. I have a good idea of what blocks I want to put in this quilt such as a cabin, sun, star, bear paw block, pine tree block, fish and other animal blocks and now the log cabin blocks. When I was shopping the other day, we found a little quilt shop and I picked up some fat quarters in different shades and prints of pinks for a quilt I have in mind. I think I'll have some others in mind for my next trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment