Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Thursday, March 3, 2011

So Much Stuff

I've been seeing articles in the paper about how people reuse things and I realize I've been doing this forever. I think I've even written a blog about it before. At least when I save stuff I do have a purpose for it somewhere down the line. Take for instance the jeans and old flannel sheets that I made into my rag quilt. One of my next projects will be another quilt using floral prints. Years ago my sister-in-law picked up some of those free books at Padden's with wallpaper and upholstery prints in them and gave them to me. I used the paper for girl scouts and preschool but held on to the fabric knowing someday I would use it. Well, I finally have an idea for it - the floral quilt. As far as yarn goes, I'm not sure how or why I accumulated this much yarn but I hope most of it was on sale. I often think of Aunt Rita and what was going on in her mind with all the stuff she had. I know she was probably an impulse buyer and when she started a new project she bought a bunch of stuff and then got tired of it or moved on to the next project hence all the stuff. She was fairly organized with those bins of hers though, as I saw with all the rosary bead stuff in one. Maybe she just forgot what she had intended to do with all that stuff or else she would have given it away as she did with many things. One thing I was amazed at is how she knew about new crafts and ways to do things especially being kind of isolated at home. I wouldn't know about most of these things if it weren't for the internet. Let's just hope my mind stays good, at least until I finish up some of these projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment