Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Trip Around the World

Sorry about that, didn't realize one misplaced finger could do that much damage. This isn't about a trip but a quilt pattern. As I was looking at my rag quilt, I noticed the pattern I made on the back of of it that I had described before as other patterns. It turns out that it was the trip around the world pattern or a variation of. The traditional pattern is a concentric diamond shape pattern with each row a different fabric. My pattern starts in the middle with white but you can definitely see the diamond pattern if you step back. Every row isn't different which is why I didn't realize it at first. When I began my quilting I knew there were several patterns that I liked and wanted to incorporate them in my projects. This pattern was one of them. I even cut a magazine article out that showed the directions for a quilt and even one done in a crocheted pattern. I was beginning to wonder how I could get all my favorites accomplished with only so many beds to cover. Now I realize that there's two sides to every quilt and a little planning and I can get all my favorites in.

No comments:

Post a Comment