Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Trip to Cleveland

Yesterday we headed over to Cleveland for the Quilt Show at Lake Farmpark. I was really looking forward to it and wasn't disappointed. There were beautiful quilts in all sizes and patterns, some I didn't personally care for but I still appreciated the workmanship put into them. I even saw the floral quilt I already talked about making myself, however the fact that I saw the exact same thing I wanted to make, bothered me. The pattern for it was not even in the magazine but they were offering a kit. I tend to think this was a kit because of the material that was used. I think if you're going to make a quilt that's been in a magazine then vary it enough so you can call it your own. That's one of the reasons I don't send recipes in to places because very few of them are what I would call original. At least the work going into the quilt would be hers, unless she had someone else quilt it, so I give her credit for that. Yesterday was also one of the vendor days so we got a chance to look at their stuff, too. We watched one demonstration for a rapid fire hunter's star quilt using a template made especially for this design. It was fascinating but at $24.95 I thought it was too much to pay for just one pattern that I probably would make only once, if at all. The one thing that disappointed me about the day was not finding anything good at Marc's. We picked up a few things but I noticed their prices have gone up just like every other place. Not finding a Goodwill was another downer for the day, but I'm not complaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment