Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Sex Talk on Glee

I was very impressed with Glee last night - no, not about the whole sexy subject but the sex talk that Kurt's dad had with him. I think it should be used as an instructional video for all parents. I think that's one of the things that freaks parents out the most so we usually leave it to the so-called professionals at school. Well, they're not doing it either. Kurt's dad is one of my favorite characters on the show anyway, but this sealed the deal. It's bad enough talking to a straight kid but to a gay kid is a whole different story line. He gave him some brochures on the technical aspects, which was pretty easy, but then he went further and talked about emotions. I remember in one of my kiddy lit classes at Edinboro we read Forever by Judy Blum and that was another one I thought should be on the required reading list for adults and teens. I know there was alot of controversy surrounding it and I myself hid it in the cupboard for fear of it getting into the wrong hands. Of course, I remember the Penney's catalog, the bra section to be exact, getting into the wrong hands once, too. I think we're all searching for information of all sorts and at all ages.

No comments:

Post a Comment