Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Monday, October 25, 2010

Indian Summer

Well, I think we're finally getting our Indian Summer. We can only have one if we've already had a frost which we have had. It's about time for some nice weather! Of course that means this week will be spent outside doing some long overdue yard work. I had plans in Aug. to do the weeding, etc. while I was home alone but that didn't happen. It was a little too warm and besides I had cleaning I wanted to do. This week will be perfect for it. The garden will need to be cleaned out by pulling all the plants, putting away the tomato cages and filling it with leaves, if my husband decides that's what he wants this year. Leaves will still need to be picked up in the yard though, no matter what he decides. We bought a new leaf vacuum which I'm excited to try. We used the other one until it's demise last year (good investment). This one has some different features such as a metal blade that should grind them up better, otherwise they won't decompose as well in the garden. I also want to dig up those coneflowers, repot them and have them ready to give out to all that wanted some. They really are pretty, easy to grow and very prolific. I started with 2 small plants and now they have taken over the bed in front and even traveled to another one. I like them but that's all I can see ! They say you can plant in any month that has an R in it as long as the ground isn't frozen. I'm afraid around here that doesn't leave many. I still think May and June here would work fine. Anyway, that's my plan for this week - getting some fresh air and getting some much needed workouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment