Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Friday, October 8, 2010

Scouting

So, when did scouting get to be so expensive? I just received a request to buy some nuts and popcorn from a family member and normally I would buy to give my support but the options were a tad outrageous. Even in girl scouts when we sold nuts, most of it was under $10 and our biggest fund raiser, cookies, were $3.50. These prices started at $25 and went up. And we seemed to get all the criticism about how much went to the local scouts. This one showed that almost 3/4 of it went to local scouting, which is great but why overinflate the price just to make a local profit. I'm usually pretty good about buying from kids even if it's something I really don't want or need. I appreciated when people bought from my kids, even if it was something little. But give me a choice here! I feel bad but I'll have to pass on this one, maybe next time. Get used to hearing those words, everyone, we're on a fixed income now.

No comments:

Post a Comment