Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

SMART goals

This is a topic I've had on my list for awhile and thought it was appropriate to post now. My son told me about these goals when he was in college and I've already asked him several times to repeat them so this time I looked them up myself.
Specific
Measurable
Attainable
Realistic
Timely
I've realized lately that I am a very goal-oriented person, even in retirement mode. I can visually look ahead with the calendar in mind and plan my days. Without that, I'm lost. I can still be flexible but I need some kind of plan in mind. These goal attributes help to compose goals in a way that is easier to achieve, instead of some that are too vague. Heaven knows I've always had goals but without that Timely in there, I'm still working on them. So, here's to the SMART goals and hope they get me through!

No comments:

Post a Comment