Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Beaded ornament hanger craft

I am very pleased with this holiday craft/gift idea that I've been making. It has all the necessary requirements of a holiday craft idea, which are
  1. the supplies are readily available to me
  2. it is easy to do
  3. it is quick to assemble
  4. lastly, and probably most important, it looks good. My husband even bestowed the best compliment on me when he said they looked professional. Wow!

They are a 4 inch piece of wire, a couple crimp beads and a few other beads. One end is a simple loop and then after the crimp bead, feed the beads on the wire. You finish it off with another crimp bead and coil the rest of the wire to put on your ornament. That's it! I've been making up a bunch of these and bagging them in groups of three. I think they would be perfect for a craft show and I've never seen them before. This was one of those patterns I've had stashed away forever and finally got out. I wish I could say the same for the beaded spiral Christmas tree. Despite high hopes for that craft, I'm afraid it will go in the trash bin. It meets none of my criteria. Oh well, now I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment