Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Monday, November 1, 2010

Fitting In

This weekend was a lesson in fitting in and being someone who could have a good time no matter what the conditions are. We were invited to a football game so we reciprocated with an invitation to our cabin and some food and entertainment ideas. One of our guest was a renowned flute player and lover of music so my husband suggested we go to one of our dive bars for a talent show they were hosting. I cringed when he told me his idea and hoped for the best. It turned out our guest was able to turn a pig's ear into a silk purse. It was an acoustic talent show and most of them sang and played a guitar but the highlight was the girl who played the fiddle and took the state championship this year. She is fantastic, this time and the other time we saw her. But what amazed me was the ability of our guests to find something fascinating with the entertainment we had chosen. I've known only a few other people who could talk to others about anything even when they were totally out of their element. So when it came time for the game I decided to suck it up and enjoy it, and I did. Maybe I wasn't as enthusiastic as the rest of the crowd but I watched and followed along fairly well. This wasn't the first time and I'm sure it won't be the last time I'm put in a position of being out of my element and I hope I step up to the plate just as our guests did this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment