Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

It's great to be old!

It really is great to be old! Of course, that means all things considered such as mobility, mental status, etc. but it has it's advantages. I've been noticing stuff lately in normal social situations where I seem to be given preferential treatment. I guess some of it can be attributed to looking fairly well off - definitely not rich but not in rags and pushing a shopping cart. I have doors opened for me and usually a pleasant smile when I thank them or even if I open the door for someone else. I think also the expectations of someone older is a factor so if I can't remember something or am a little slower or more confused about something, it's met with a slightly kinder demeanor, which I appreciate and don't look at as a put down. Basically what I'm saying is that I can get away with murder (almost) and not be criticized for it. I can be tolerated without being strung up for it. And then of course if I manage to do something that is out of character or not what's expected then I am lauded for my actions - it's a win-win situation. How great is that!

No comments:

Post a Comment