Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Hits and Misses of Thanksgiving Dinner

I just watched a "Hits and Misses of Holiday Decorating" on HGTV so I thought I'd do one for my dinner. The hit I thought was my cranberry salsa. Melissa D on Food Network did this a couple weeks ago and I wanted to try it. Cranberry sauce is one thing that never gets used up, as much as I try. My husband is really the only one eating it that day and it just sits in the fridge until I throw it out. I just used a little of it to try but it's with regular cooked sauce that you add whatever you would normally put into salsa. Of course I didn't have the jalapeno but I did have some chipotle cubes that I used. Mine ended up pretty spicy so next time one would be sufficient. I also added onions, cilantro and lime juice - it was tasty and a good way to get more of those cranberries into your system. So that was the hit (IMHO) and the miss was probably the gravy. All I can think of was that the broth from the turkey was not that strong because it was bland and not very appetizing. I must have had a premonition at the grocery store when I stocked up on the jar gravy on sale. So there you have it everyone - my list of hits and misses. Live and learn - wooo, I think I feel another blog about 3 words coming on.

No comments:

Post a Comment