Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Snow mode and shopping

Well, we're officially in snow mode now with our couple inches overnight. The roads are fine so I don't see it as much of a problem but it has begun. This is where things can get harry. My tires are not on and I'm covering alot of roadway this week. Who knows what this week will look like at the cabin. Traditionally we don't get a huge amount of snow there but it's usually colder so the roads freeze fast and stay frozen. I have complete confidence in my Subaru and driving skills so I'll be fine. This snow mode definitely has an adverse effect on holiday shopping though. I surprised myself yesterday by actually hitting regular retail stores for Black Friday. After our trip to Volant, we decided to stop at Grove City Outlets to check out a couple things. I was pleasantly surprised at the sales and ease of shopping there, except for the parking which even on a good day can be challenging. I finished up some shopping for clothes for the upcoming holiday picture with the kids and bought a couple of other things, all at 50% off plus extra! The stores were not crowded and the lines were nonexistent in most places - can't beat that! I still have more to go but as long as the lake effect snow holds out, I'll be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment