Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Monday, November 15, 2010

Christmas Shopping

Everyone seems to be asking if we've begun our shopping or maybe even finished it. I guess no matter what my circumstances are I tend to follow my same schedule for this time of year. I try and have gifts for a small group of family members done by the middle of Nov., just in time for a birthday party that happens then. That's the first stage and there is a sense of relief when that happens. The next stage is putting together any packages that need to be mailed and I try and have that done close to Thanksgiving. At that point things get kind of tight and weather permitting, I take off to the stores to focus on the last round. I decided a long time ago - probably when I worked at the mall, to delay my shopping until Tues., Wed., and Thurs. only. Weekends, Mon., and Fri. have always been too busy for me. I understand there are good sales going on but it's just not worth it to me. Avoiding traffic has been a major reason for me doing more online shopping the past few years, along with notices that an item is not available in the stores. I just have to remember to give myself even time for delivery, which I think will be fine. I've also started making gifts or should I say finishing some. I'm also planning a trip to Goodwill to hopefully give someone else a chance to pick up something for someone else at a reasonable price. So I'm officially in shopping mode as long as our weather holds up.

No comments:

Post a Comment