Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Traditions

That word, tradition, keeps popping up. We tend to use it to give ourselves an excuse for doing things that we enjoy. It's almost like an insult to the family if we don't abide by these traditions. My kids probably use it more than I do or maybe without realizing it, I've been saying it all along. This past weekend I was talking about serving Polish kielbasa for all of our holiday meals because that's what Grandma always did. My hardtack candy is a tradition started by my mother to make at Christmas. Now, just this past Monday, my youngest daughter and I began a new, or so she thinks, is a new tradition - going to Pat Catan's when I'm in Cleveland. Really though, this tradition started with my mom way back when we lived in Cleveland. My parents would visit us and she and I would go to the Southland Shopping Center and go to Lee Wards. The names have been changed but the idea is still there - craft store tradition! If my mom were here she would be in her glory and certainly embrace the whole tradition idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment