Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Caffeine

I can't think of much else that is more of a morning ritual for me than coffee. It wouldn't be the same without a cup to read the morning paper with, sit at the computer and write my blog or just watch the morning news. It didn't used to be that way. I didn't start drinking coffee until I was pregnant with my oldest daughter and then I was hooked. I try and keep it to 2 cups, maybe 3 if I have the time and company. My daughter-in-law was right when she said it's such a social drink. Whether or not my company drinks coffee has been one of the first questions of the morning at the cabin. The second comment is concerning the creamer, which to me is probably more important. We also just had a conversation about different morning drinks this past week. With coffee prices having their ups and downs over the years, my husband has had to vary this morning ritual a bit (this was before I started my habit). He started drinking Post um for awhile which is chicory. It's supposed to taste like coffee but that didn't last too long. Sometimes we would buy coffee with added chicory which was a special treat. Now they are saying that coffee, in moderation, is really good for you especially with the antioxidants. So I'll keep my habit going for now with no plans for any changes in my routine. If the sleep issue develops into a problem I'll take little Audrey's stance and just go for the decaf!

No comments:

Post a Comment