Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Friday, November 5, 2010

Being Sick

I've spent most of this week feeling under the weather. This isn't anything new to me at my age but I've been trying to reduce how often I get sick with multivitamins, vitamin D, exercise, etc. so it kind of threw me this week. For some reason, I have this desire to pinpoint the source of the contamination, which I think was last weekend, either the bar on Fri. or the game on Sat. My husband came down with basically the same thing so I'm certain it's one of those. Of course, our ailments take different courses. Mine has always settled in my chest and can also lead to loss of voice. This sounds worse than it is especially with the cough but usually there is little pain. This time I'm achy with a slight headache. We were scheduled for our flu shots today but had to be canceled. I remember while teaching preschool the first year I contracted "something" every month with a few days coming on, a couple weeks in full blown stage and then another week trying to get over it. Once I told the doctor about it and she said wait until summer and if you still get sick it's probably allergies. Well, I was fine all summer so it was just picking things up from the kids. Since then I think I've built up that resistance to most colds and such because I've been pretty healthy. I thought this morning what my routine would be like if I were still working. I probably would have gone into work and started feeling better. For that reason, I'm trying to stay busy at home and even forcing myself to exercise (I just read in a fitness newsletter that it really helps when you're sick). So that's my plan but it sure is nice to know that if I start getting too tired I can curl up on the couch with my afghan and chill out for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment