Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Christmas Spirit

This has been a great week for getting into the Christmas spirit.  I did some shopping last week and even though I couldn't find all that I wanted, I was given options to have things sent home with no shipping charge and they already arrived!  That was great.  I spent Fri. with my daughter at the Christmas Connection in Cleveland and had a wonderful time.  Things have changed there so no Christmas CD which I always look forward to but we more than made up for it with the shopping and food.  Sat. I took off to the cabin and on the way found a Christmas Festival of sorts called Once Upon a Christmas and the first place I saw was the quilting store in Knox.  That was all that I had time for that day but I did manage to buy some fabric on clearance for a project for the coming year.  It's always fun to talk to other crafters.  Then on the way home we decided to try some of the other stops on this Once Upon a Christmas.  They were close so it didn't take up too much of our time but how nice they were decorated.  The one stop I particularly liked was at the Wolf's Head Campground.  It was a very rustic building with a restaurant inside that I'd like to try some other time.  As you walked in, all you could see were Christmas lights and it was beautiful.  Even on the ceiling beams  and fireplace mantel there were wrapped presents and other decorations.  It all certainly got me into the Christmas spirit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment