Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween Time

Well, another Halloween is past, maybe the last one.  I know I've talked about things being our last here, I'm never quite sure when it will be.  The hubby's at the cabin and mentioned yesterday, that if by chance he gets a trick-or-treater, at least he has some candy.  When we first moved here we had no idea what to expect.  I vaguely recall Halloween at our apartment.  In fact, we probably weren't even home but at the in-laws.  So the first year, we did our best to buy candy but soon ran out because of all the kids.  They would come in pick-ups from the trailer court to our neighborhood.  We had to resort to Hall's cough drops and some pennies that year.  I'm surprised we didn't get egged for that one.  Times have changed around here though.  We didn't get nearly that many this year so we still have leftover candy.  Some things never change though and that's the costumes.  We always seem to have a Roger Rabbit and I'm wondering if these kids even know who he is!  Maybe it's passsed down or something.  Of course we always get the princesses, fairies, butterflies, zombies, etc. but this year my favorite was the swamp thing.  Man, it was good but a little difficult to wear.  I'm surprised he didn't lose it along the way.  And the rain held off fairly well, at least the kids didn't seem to mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment