Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Local Pharmacies

Ok, here's something I've been obsessed with since last night.  Maybe I'm over sensitive to this stuff but it bothers me.  A little background  -  I called in my refill on Friday am and was told it would be ready Monday after 2pm.  I'm thinking that seemed a little long but I didn't need it immediately so I didn't choose that option.  I figured I'd go down Sat. afternoon and it would be ready anyway.  Wrong assumption!!  The tech informed me that it had been sent away to be filled and they didn't get their shipments on the weekend hence the Monday pick-up date.  Whoa, let's back up here.  I thought this was supposed to be my local pharmacy where they are taking care of me on a personal level.  I guess what startled me most was the fact that there were signs everywhere welcoming the Lakeside Pharmacy patients to Giant Eagle.  I assumed the only local pharmacy in the area went out of business and of course GE was there to pick them up.  I realize that this GE gets a lot, I mean, a lot of prescriptions but I thought they were handling it.  Apparently not!  So who is filling my prescriptions?  Not George or Michelle, evidently as I never ask for them right away knowing they're busy and want to give them a little time.  How nice of me!  In all fairness the tech did offer to cancel the order and fill it there with a half hour wait.  I was stunned anyway so I said no I'd come back Monday.  Now my choices are different in my eyes.  Either I can always say I need my prescriptions right away so I'm sure it will be filled there or go to another pharmacy.  I started taking my mail order stuff to CVS so I don't have to deal with the mail so that is always an option.  Maybe I should have been trying to support that local pharmacy that went out of business so we all would have a choice. I don't think GE would have suffered any.  Things sure have changed since we had our little pharmacy by Shur-Fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment