Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Friday, November 11, 2011

What a Week!

This has been quite a week for both of us.  It began on Sat. with the end of the driveway being fixed along with the neighbors.  Those guys came on Sun,, worked very hard and finished up on Tues.  Nice job! I jumped right in this week trying to complete these sewing projects/Christmas gifts but got sidelined Mon. night.  I talked about the hospital visit in a previous blog but didn't mention the reaction I got from the owner of the sewing store.  I basically got my wrist slapped for taking apart my tension knob.  She treated me like a child and if it weren't for my machine I'd never go back again.  She also scared me into thinking this could cost more than I want to spend by saying it might be a gear.  Anyway, it only took a day to fix it and it was nothing major, at least that's how I see it.  She was nicer to me when my hubby was there but reverted to her old ways when I was leaving and no hubby around.  So I got my machine back and it seems to work great, however, there's more going on and I still won't have time to finish my projects by this Sat.  On Wed. as I was having lunch I heard a noise in the basement.  I rushed down to find the shelves holding most of my canned goods on the floor or just hanging waiting to fall.  This happened right over the sump pump, which should have been covered but wasn't.  While I was standing there in awe, looking at broken glass, tomatoes, jelly and pears all over the place, another board fell.  I jumped into overdrive at that point to save whatever I could and tried not to think about the work that went into all that.  My hubby was looking in the garage to see if the sound was out there and he came down to help.  What a mess!  We took the rest of the stuff off the shelves, turned off the sump and started cleaning up all the glass.  Unfortunately, my hubby couldn't get the pump out so he called the plumber who came out Thurs. to pull  and clean the pump.  It's running very well now with no damage done.  However, I have jars all over with no place to put them until he rigs up some new shelves.  That'll be a job for next week and it'll give me some time to sort through some stuff.  He's finally having a much needed guys weekend at the cabin with the neighbor .  And of course once he left, it snowed!  The roads are not covered and the temperature is supposed to go up so I'm not all that concerned.  Then yesterday, we were both glued to the tv and computer with what was going on at Penn State.  We both feel really bad about all that has happened all the way around.  So that's been our week and I hope the excitement is over for awhile. 

1 comment:

  1. What a fiasco...was so sorry to hear about...and I thought I had it bad when my freezer went out twice in two weeks!

    ReplyDelete