Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Monday, November 14, 2011

New Dip Recipe

This was a dip recipe I have had in the back of my mind for quite awhile.  It was a couple years ago when apples and jalapenos were abundant in the garden that I found a recipe in the SureJell box for a freezer jam.  My intention was to make it, freeze it and then serve it as a dip over cream cheese.  I actually did get it out once to use but the cream cheese that I was told would freeze nicely, didn't and it was very grainy.  So it all went back in the freezer.  All along I kind of thought it would be too hot for me anyway as it had a lot of peppers.  Well, I decided to pull it out of the freezer and along with a half package of cream cheese, I tried it.  Delicious!  It was not hot at all but the taste of the jalapenos came through with the sweetness of the apples.  It was almost like a dessert dip.  If I find the recipe again, I think I would use some of the seeds of the jalapenos to add a little heat to it.  Once before I got a recipe for Cranberry Walnut Jam during my stay at preschool and that also could be used over cream cheese.  I never tried it like that, especially knowing my hubby has an aversion to cream cheese.  Now that I've had this, that other recipe sounds very intriguing.  I think it would make a good appetizer for Thanksgiving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment