Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Popcorn Stitch Afghan

I couldn't wait to write a blog about the afghan I'm just about to finish.  This is one I've been eyeing up for a long time but until lately never thought it was in the cards to make. That's mainly because it's done in all white and it's a popcorn stitch.  I probably could have used another color but it just seemed appropriate to use the white.  I made it for a full size bed which I only have one other one and that's the scrap afghan done in a diagonal stitch that we use on our bed.  So I needed one for the cabin and started this one a couple months ago.  Well, like I said, it's almost done.  The last couple days I've been working on the fringe.  No one around here seems to like fringe on afghans and my first thought was to do a different edging.  But the fringe really completes it and besides, it's a unique way of doing it.  To do this fringe you first sc across the row then coming back you sc in a stitch, chain 30, then slip st in the same stitch.  It really looks nice.  The chains are supposed to twist and at first, I was trying to twist them myself.  I soon realized that I like it even if it isn't twisted.  I will definitely do this version of fringe again.  I will post a picture of it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment