Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Monday, December 6, 2010

Christmas Letter

Dear Abby just had a write-up in her column about these letters and she, more than this time, has said they are tacky and shouldn't be used. Well, Abby, let's give the other side their time. I used to feel like that and I would write a handwritten note on each Christmas card. I started sometime in Nov. and finished up, sometimes, in time for them to reach everyone by Christmas. At least I'm continuing the custom of writing cards! I finally succumbed to the notorious "letter" because I wanted to keep people informed as to what was going on in our family since this might be the only time I keep in contact with most of these people. I found I was saying the same things to each of them anyway. I try and keep it short and to the point without puffing myself up - it was easy cause there was never much to say! Personally I've always enjoyed hearing from others too, as long as they didn't ramble or exaggerate. I used to get a four page letter from a cousin who was quite a name-dropper and if I had been one of the names it would have been much easier to take. What was even more surprising was that she was Jewish! Anyway, I'll continue with my letters and I might even write to Abby and let her hear from the other side, unless she reads my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment