Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Monday, July 25, 2011

GENIUS

I mentioned before about QVC having their Christmas in July special this past weekend and how I was looking forward to it. I didn't buy anything but I had a good time looking for new ideas and I think that's what QVC is all about. Here's some things that stood out.


  1. One really good deal was the five candles in glass containers for $30 and S&H was free! That was a pretty good deal with the free shipping - even the maker of it was impressed.

  2. Of course, the TSV from Bethlehem Lights on Sat. was spectacular! Not that it got my eye just on appearance but when they said the outlet ran the length of the trunk, I thought GENIUS!!!! What I wouldn't have given for something like that over the years. I thought when I got my prelit tree, I was home safe but I realized the work is just beginning with those cords. This is a no brainer and like I said GENIUS!!!

  3. One other Christmas item caught my eye over the weekend was the hanging basket with lights and ornaments. It was $35 and had the battery operated lights with greenery in a hanging basket. That looked really gorgeous and something that would be nice at my house or eventually at the cabin but I won't pay that much as I would want more than one. They even commented how much it would cost if you made it yourself. It wouldn't cost me much because I would use some hanging planters that I already have, I would use regular lights to plug in (in the dark you wouldn't see the cord anyway), and I would use real greenery and pass on the ornaments. Voila, we have a freebie!


I'm trying not to buy Christmas stuff since I have more than what I need now. It's very difficult but at least I can get some ideas and make something. I'm glad QVC came through for me this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment