Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Summer Reflection

Well, it's been about a year that I've been blogging. At my 100th blog I said I'd like to hit 200 by my anniversary but I don't think that happened. What I didn't plan on was major surgery and the lack of interest in blogging for awhile. The last thing I wanted to do was complain about how bad I felt in my blog. You can tell I'm feeling better by my recent blog activity. Yesterday I sat on the deck having lunch and it brought back all those lunches from last year after I retired. It was quiet, peaceful, warm and I loved the sparkle from the pool. That was before the kids started back to school and the screams began. I got me thinking about what I've accomplished this year and as I thought, I realized that though I haven't done everything I expected, I've done alot. I'm happy about the crafts that I've completed and will continue on that trail. Despite my surgery setting me back a little, I think now I can say I'm coming back and things are good. Now for my next year of blogging I intend to take those quilting classes, focus on our cabin now that the basement will be completed, follow my daughter on her way to the altar (so to speak) and plan our move from this house to the next. I can't guarantee all of these will be realized, most will of course, but summer has always been more of a time for resolutions for me. My year always seemed to start with the school calendar so this is where I begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment