Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

How dare they!

This really bothers me today - renewals for magazine subscriptions. A while back we got a offer to get a subscription for a magazine (thought it was Good Housekeeping) for $5.99 but it was in my hubby's name. Then I received a notice from GH saying I was up for renewal (sub in my name) and they have a new program that says I will be automatically renewed unless they hear otherwise from me. Thennnnnn, I got a renewal notice saying I owed $10.00 by Aug. 8 for my subscription for GH that expires in Nov. I decided it was time to call. During the initial options I said no to the auto renewal but still wanted to talk to someone. When the girl came on the phone I proceeded to explain the situation and she informed me that I was renewed until 2012 because I had paid in Feb. of this year. What the ....? By that time I was so confused and irritated that I canceled the whole thing. Now I'm not even sure what I renewed for $5.99. Is this just a string of senior moments, am I losing my mind, can I be trusted with any sort of paperwork or bills or am I fine and the rest of the world totally screwed up? I guess I can check the checkbook registry and see what I'm subscribed to but I'm thinking I'm better off paying a little extra and buy my magazines off the shelf. I feel a little like my mother-in-law and how we and she were both paying for her subscriptions at one time. Who know how far up she was paid. Maybe they are even targeting the seniors knowing we hardly remember what day it is let alone what magazines we're getting. I think I'll start writing more stuff down.

No comments:

Post a Comment