Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Handicapped Stall

This is something I came across in the paper last week and have been thinking about it ever since. A reader was annoyed that people who were not handicapped were using the stall in the bathroom reserved for them. It got me thinking that I use that stall just out of convenience. For one thing it's usually furthest from the entrance and you can move around without crashing into a wall. Of course, if anyone handicapped is in there, I would surely let them use it. I didn't realize that people think of it like a handicapped parking space but I don't. It is not typically off-limits to anyone who isn't handicapped but merely there for someone who is. Not to be flip but if they are in a wheelchair maybe they can wait for the stall better than someone else who has to stand. I know that sounds awful but I'm just being honest. Since that article I've watched and I'm not the only one who uses that stall so in the future I will continue but always with regard to other people using the restroom.
Just a side note about my magazine subscription debacle in a previous blog - the $5.99 was for Better Homes and Gardens and I just received my Martha bag for my subscription to Living for $10.00 (what a deal).

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I use that stall when available, too!

    ReplyDelete