Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Friday, July 29, 2011

On to the Next Project

I'm on the homestretch of one of my projects so I'm ready to move on to the next. I realized something about myself and my projects - I start too many of the same things, tire of them, get distracted with something else and then do nothing. What a scenario! I give myself alot of credit for even starting Christmas projects now but it's no good if I don't follow through. So instead of forcing myself to follow through with something else, I'm giving myself a chance to do a smaller project, something fun and for myself. What could be a better diversion? I'm still finishing up the quilt I started (yes, I said it, a quilt) and then I'm making a purse. This is called a grab bag or Japanese Knot purse that seems too easy to believe and for one of the first times I can remember, I'm following the instructions to a T. I think that's what usually gets me into trouble - I do it differently and then somewhere down the line I run into a problem and then I have to patch things to fix it. I've been heading to my local quilt shop (LQS, as they are called in the mags) where a great sale has been going on all month and buying material. This pattern for the purse calls for fusible fleece which I've never heard of let alone use, as have other people that work in the LQS. I was worried about the price ,as well I should have, as it was $7.99 yd. I managed to get a coupon at JoAnn's which gave me 40% off and doable so I'm excited to try that. So like I said this is a very simple pattern but has the details that I like and need such as inside pockets for phone, etc. I think what makes this purse is the selection of material and I'm ready for some brighter prints in my life. I'm using a darker print on the outside of the bag, lighter one inside (all the better to see you with my dear!) and a solid for the pockets inside. Wish me luck and google it if you'd like to see what I'm up to.

No comments:

Post a Comment