Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

100 things we should know

Yesterday I spent more time at the car dealership waiting for the last recall and leafed through that same Great Lakes Living magazine with the 100 things we should already know article. I tried to find it and post a link but all I got were the answers. Anyway, I read through them again and realized that there were a bunch of them I didn't have a clue about. It got me wondering who made up this list. If it were me I would have had more grammar and spelling items but that's my pet peeve. I was amazed at how much sports trivia was on there which I could care less about. I know there are all kinds of buffs out there - sports buffs, science buffs, movie buffs, history and geography buffs,etc. If you asked each one of these people to come up with a list of 5-10 things, you'd have over 100 but would they really be essential to our everyday living? The article stated 100 things...but have forgotten and I have never learned who won each of the sports championships for the past 10 years. I also don't need to recall Pi to the 4th number past the decimal (most of the people I know don't even know the first).I also haven't used the formula to change Centigrade into Fahrenheit in quite awhile but I know the freezing and boiling points of each.I enjoy movies but which James Bond movies star Sean Connery and which star Roger Moore wouldn't be my top priority. I guess my concern is we need a list of things that really matter or something to shoot for that has some real time significance to us all. Maybe I'll even work on that one myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment