Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Monday, August 23, 2010

First Week

Well, one week into my retirement and I've learned a few things about myself and my routines and/or habits. By the way, I still haven't developed most of those habits I had hoped for but I'm not too concerned about them. Being on a new diet this week turned out to be a smart move. I needed a change in routine to jump start me and this worked. I have noticed that when I get tired, the cravings, especially for chocolate, have kicked in. Of course, that box of Romolo candy sitting on the table that my husband got me for our anniversary isn't helping much. It's not allowed in step 1 so I informed him we'll break it out in step 2. As far as my exercise goes, there's been up and downs with that and I'm still working on a good system. I was in some pain using the weights and now that that's over, I'll work on a schedule and increase the weights, slowly. I've been very productive with the cleaning and even plan on some painting this week. It's helped to have a goal for myself - that being this weekend for most of the cleaning. After that, we'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment