Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Retirement Party

Well, the retirement party was great but I hope I will remember the lessons I learned from this. I mentioned before about having a hard time coping with relinquishing control of the party and I'm afraid I was not very easy to get along with the last month or so. Even up until 10 minutes before the party started, I was still having anxiety about the outcome. The outward appearance was all I could focus on but in reality, what was more important and what everyone really cared about was the food (always great), the drinks (the cranberry vodka was outstanding),the cake (raspberry-filled white which was awesome) and the company (we are blessed to have such good friends). I had a really good time and one I will remember forever. One final push to get the thank yous out before my trip and I'm good to go. I should have listened to Bethenny on Real Housewives when she said "It's all about the cake". Yum, she was so right!

No comments:

Post a Comment