Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Can't seem to get the clothes right

I went to a wedding yesterday and realized that I can't get the clothes right. This was termed a casual affair but I wore a skirt, low-heeled sandals and hose. The last wedding I went to I wore khaki capris, dressy top, sandals and no hose. At both weddings I wore the wrong apparel, based on my need to comform. I realize that need is outdated and I shouldn't worry about it, but I do. No one else cared - why should they, since I didn't care what they wore. I guess it takes me back- way back, to when there were rules to fashion. I was taught that you didn't wear white after Labor Day, red and pink should never be worn together, hose should be worn with any kind of dress shoes(flat or heeled),and your purse should match your shoes. I remember in school one year, all of us girls wore hose with white keds sneakers and it looked so cool. We were so "in"! We broke every rule I lived by and it felt great. My plan is to throw away those pantyhose, buy myself a fancy pair of flip-flops and thumb my nose to the rules. Now that sounds like a plan!!

1 comment: