Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Long time no paint

Well, I finally got back up on the saddle, so to speak. It's been 6 years since my last paint project - in fact, almost to the day. I remember it vividly as I prepped the bedroom to paint, positioned the step stool in the closet, missed the bottom wrung, fell backwards then forward, coming down on my knee and spending the rest of the day in the emergency room. That was also the day I was scheduled to pick up my daughter from the airport on her return trip from Arizona. It was also the day before the kids started back to college and the beginning of a new school year for me in the dorm. All the plans my daughters and I had, having lunch together in the food court went up in smoke. This was really a life changing event for me as I would realize months later as I tried to regain full use of my leg. I also started exercising to minimize discomfort in my leg and developed friendships during the process. I truly believe that when one door closes another opens. Anyway, the door to the bathroom opened and found me in there painting on that same step stool. It was a job for me but I survived and feel good that I've gotten past that experience. As far as my next painting project - I think I'll leave that one for the professionals.

No comments:

Post a Comment