Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

3 Fast Miles

I decided to write a review of sorts about my new exercise video I've been doing lately. I tried getting this through Netflix several times but with no luck. Of course, I think they thought they sent the right one but it wasn't. The first dvd in this set was a 2 mile walk from Leslie Sansone which I received but as I requested the 3 mile one, I got the same 2 mile. When I found this at Giant Eagle for $7.99 I grabbed it knowing all of these in Leslie's Walk Slim program are great. I wasn't disappointed in it. It doesn't have the intervals like the 4 fast miles but it keeps your heart rate up and gives you a good workout. She does some different moves in this, has alot of upper arm movements, and uses popular music throughout the dvd. On the downside, her cues are a little off at times, the camera isn't showing what it should at times, and as she hands off to friend Mary Kay to lead, we're at a loss because Mary Kay doesn't have a microphone on. We can figure it out of course, especially with Leslie talking throughout the segment. It was a very energetic workout that takes about 45 min. including warm-up and cool-down. I'll be able to see how it corresponds to Bob's (Biggest Loser) Power Walk dvd that I have coming through Netflix in a few days. According to the package, Bob does 16 min. walks which are not that fast compared to the Walk Slim program so that's why I didn't buy that one. I have a feeling he might use some weights along with the walk which I don't like at all. I don't mix my cardio walk with strength training except for squats or lunges which use my own body weight. I'll let you know how I make out with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment