Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Driving in the Snow

I'm amazed at how our attitudes can change when we get used to things. I'm talking about when I was working and we got our first big snowfall of the year. I paced the floor in the morning as I watched the cancellations, hoping EUP would be on it. The worry accelerated as I made the decision to go or not to go, all depending on how much time I had to play with. If I decided to make the trek, it was usually white knuckle all the way, but I was proud of myself when I arrived. After that it wasn't nearly as bad because I had gotten used to the journey. By Feb. it was pretty much old hat - just leave a little earlier, go slow and bundle up. As retirees, most of the time I don't have to be anywhere so the decision is a little easier. But will I ever get to that point where it doesn't bother me anymore? Who knows. Today I have my WW meeting at 10 am and I'm fairly certain my friend will not want to venture out in this weather. I refuse to resort to making my husband drive me there as this defeats the purpose of having this "me" time. Our alternative is to go to the 5:30 meeting at the same place, unless I see it in the list of cancellations. Sounds like a good compromise!
P.S. to Anonymous - Spoken like a loyal Giant fan if I ever heard one!

No comments:

Post a Comment