Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Giant Eagle Fuelperks

This is just another reason it's been good being in DuBois so much lately. They just opened a new Giant Eagle in town and they've had some good specials going on. They are specific to that area such as boneless pork loins for 1.77lb and eggs for .99 doz. Anyway, the last couple times we were down there they had a number to call to exchange your fuelperks for cash in the store. At first it didn't mean much to me since I use them but before we went to my son's for New Year's, I was faced with a dilemma. I had .20 of fuelperks that were due to expire at the end of Dec. and almost a full tank of gas. It just happened we had been in Cleveland the week or so before and got some cheap gas over there. Of course, I wouldn't use it unless I got at least 10 gal. of gas so I had to pass. Then when I saw the number again, I called and they put the cash on my card (it has to be in increments of .50 or $5.00 cash). That took care of my problem. Then when I was on empty, I got the other .20 in fuelperks. I guess they are doing that down there because, as of yet, they have no GetGo's. I think it's great and have been telling everyone I know. Of course at my retirees lunch this week, they didn't seem to be that impressed because they usually give their perks to their kids. I've never seen it advertised up here at all. We probably won't be travelling much for a couple months so I might have to use it again. We'll see.

3 comments:

  1. Giant Eagle is a ripoff. Compare your grocery bill minus the fuelperks to any other grocery store and you are paying a lot more. As they say there is no free lunch, the gas isn't free they're getting your money some where else that's all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are a FRUGAL SHOPPER, Giant eagle is a great deal. I haven't paid for gas in over 2 years AND GET MUCH BETTER DEALS on foods than any other competitor around. It's all about combining weekly sales with coupons/catalina promos, especially since GE doubles coupons. When it is time to use my "foodperks" I routinely walk out of the store with about $350 worth of groceries for about $100 - $150. We buy natural, organics, and unprocessed foods with minimal ingredients. It's all about BUILDING A STOCKPILE when you can get items at rock bottom prices (or FREE in many cases)! YES, it does take time and effort to beat the system, BUT WELL WORTH IT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apparently you're not a frugal shopper. Because if you were and knew how to count you would realize GE is expensive even after factoring in the fuel perks.

    ReplyDelete