Labels

Life (108) Crafts (39) challenge (30) food (22) cooking (20) shopping (12) TV (9) Movies (6) gardening (6) Exercise (5) Health (5) Travel (5) computing (5) Decorating (3) weather (3)

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Strong Female Leads

I like alot of different kinds of movies and I'd be hard pressed to pin it down to any certain type of movie that appeals to me but Netflix doesn't seem to find it difficult at all. They have recommended movies to me based on my interest in movies with a strong female lead. Hmmm, you know I think they may have something there. I never really thought about it that way but I do tend to gravitate in that direction. I know there are certain actors that I shy away from, probably based on other movies they've made that I didn't like, but there seem to be few actresses (Ok, I can name a few) that I don't like. Of course, when I do like a movie with one of those actors, such as George Clooney in Up in the Air, it takes me by surprise. I just watched The Kids are Alright, which fits into their profile of me and the last movie was a drama with Juliana Moore. Now, my question is whether they can tell my husband is watching instant play movies on the computer and if they know we are 2 separate people with completely opposing interests. I'm still getting the "based on your interest in Zombieland and Dead or Unalive" comments along with the suggestions for movies with a strong female role. They'll really hit the jackpot if they recommend a horror film with a strong female lead! I'll have to tell my husband to let me know when one shows up.

No comments:

Post a Comment